Copyright © The Nest at Gundaroo. All rights reserved.
The Nest is perfect for mid-week business travellers and we have many who enjoy our services regularly.
The Nest is a mere 30 minute drive to the Canberra CBD and Airport - on quiet rural roads with no traffic lights and few cars. Our facility is well situated for those travelling in hire cars between Sydney/Canberra.
"Here are the reasons I like coming to the Nest:
* They are high quality and self contained;
* They include quality breakfast food;
* Rural surroundings;
* The fireplace is fantastic in winter time;
* The internet it faultless and unlimited;
* The TV is a smart TV so I can watch Netflix or similar;
* The furniture and bed is very comfortable;
* The place is very comfortable to stay in all day and get work done - quiet and comfortable;
* Higher availability during the week when prices increase in Canberra;
* I can book myself a room with a simple SMS whilst flying a plane (or driving a car) and know Ill be looked after (better keep that one to yourself, but it is probably the best part);
* Personal, friendly service. Once staying the first time it is easier to stay again without online filling out forms or calling reception/check in with a different person every time;
* The 30 minute drive is very manageable with only 1 set of traffic lights and nearly 100km/h the whole way to the airport where I work;
* I can get a hire car as late as 11pm from the airport and drive straight to The Nest and unlock the door without seeing anyone with the door code given;
* The town is small, quiet and charming with just enough facilities for whatever I need;
* As far as I know there is nothing like this anywhere in Canberra;
* I'd rather be in Gundaroo than Canberra."
"Paul Deegan, Pilot, Mahindra Aerospace"
Since The Nest has opened we have many family gatherings, celebrations and groups come to enjoy our facilities.
If you are looking for a venue where your family can gather for a special event or reunion The Nest at Gundaroo provides five fully, self-contained villas, each with their own bathroom, kitchen and dining. Only a block's walk from Grazing, the Gundaroo Colonial Inn and the Cork Street Cafe Pizzeria, you can drink, eat and then relax with your family.
We are thrilled that so many couples choose to stay at The Nest on their special day/weekend. Our five villas are perfect for a wedding party to prepare for a wedding and then to relax in afterwards. The Heron was designed as a purpose-built honeymoon suite, complete with dressing room and walk-in robe, double bath and shower and more.